Wednesday, May 21, 2008


Pray for Senator Edward Kennedy

That seems out of place on my blog, huh? One of the biggest news stories this week is that Teddy Kennedy has a malignant brain tumor. The prognosis is not great. Serves him right, doesn't it? Good conservative partisan that I am, I should be gleeful, right? Not hardly.

A Scripture comes to mind when I think of Ted Kennedy:

"If you love those who love you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to get back the same amount. But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. (Luke 6:32-35 ESV)

I have a special affinity for this particular issue. My brother died as a result of a very similar, very nasty brain tumor some years ago. It is a horrible kind of cancer and one I wouldn't wish on anyone. Much as I dislike who Ted Kennedy is as a person and his politics, I would never wish him ill like this.

Here is the truth about Senator Edward Kennedy, arch-liberal, enemy of morality, supporter of abortion rights and homosexuality, raiser of taxes and frequent boozer and at least one time a commiter of vehicular homicide:

But for the grace of God, I am no different and you are no different than Edward Kennedy.

So pray for Senator Kennedy. Pray for his family. Pray for his salvation. If God can save Saul, if He can save me, if He can save you, He can save Ted Kennedy if it is His will.

No comments: