Sunday, October 28, 2007


Louisville or Grand Rapids?

The Philadelphia Conference on Reformed Theology or Together for the Gospel?

In what is yet another horrible scheduling blunder, two of the better Reformed theology conferences are scheduled for the same week, in the middle of April 2008. That leaves me with a choice, go to Grand Rapids which is cheaper and way more convenient, or go to Louisville which is going to cost a whole lot more. We have free lodging in Grand Rapids, but frankly I will admit that I am a bit of a speaker snob, and the thought of Mohler, Dever, Sproul, Piper, MacArthur, Duncan, Mahaney etc in the same conference (T4G) is intoxicating (in a good Baptist way of course). I am leaning pretty strongly toward Louisville, if for no other reason than it only happens every other year and Grand Rapids is every year. Of course, I am well known as the king of rationalizing...

(With any luck, the Toledo Reformed Theological Conference will be scheduled a completely different time, or Steve Camp and company will be all alone!)


UPDATE:

Looks like I have an additional travel partner for Together for the Gospel, so it sounds like Louisville is the winner! Now I have to register so I save $50!

No comments: